Learn how to use a billing statement in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
Use a billing statement to charge your customer regularly. You may find that billing statements serves your needs. You can keep the status of the customer's account at a particular point in time.
About billing statements
- You can create statement charges when you bill your customers on a monthly basis and enter charges directly into the customer's register.
- You can create and send a billing statement to remind your customer to show how much they owe on each invoice.
- You can correct undercharge and overcharge in the statement of your customer.
- You can apply a discount to a statement charge.
- You can set up, memorize and stop an automatic charge to manage and skip manually entering repeated charges for your customer.
Limitations of billing statements
Know the limitations of a billing statement compared with an invoice.
- You can't record sales tax, percentage discounts, or group items as a separate charge on a billing statement.
- You can't enter multiple line descriptions of services provided or products sold.
- You can't group related charges together and subtotal them.
- You must enter a separate statement charge for each service or product you sell.
- You can't add a message.
- You can't customize a statement like adding customized fields, changing the width of columns, or change the order in which columns appear.