When you bill your customers on a monthly basis, you can enter charges directly into the customer’s register through Statement Charges instead of creating individual invoices.
To create a statement charge:
- From the QuickBooks Home screen or the Customers menu, go to Statement Charges/Enter Statement Charges.
- Choose the customer job.Note: If the Customers & Jobs list shows more than one job for the customer, select the correct job. QuickBooks maintains a separate register for each job.
- (Optional) Change the date of the statement charge.
- Select the item.Note: When you select or add an item, the description and amount are automatically populated based on the description and unit cost entered when the item was set up. You can delete or modify this when creating invoices.
- Click Record at the bottom right of the register to save it.
Creating Statement Charges is part of your usual A/R workflow in QuickBooks Desktop. To see the complete list of workflows and other customer-related transactions, refer to Accounts Receivable workflows.