You can manually create email templates for your QuickBooks Desktop transactions. You can also customize your email templates using pre-built data fields.
Important: To customize your e-mail template, the company file needs to be in Single User mode. Also, you must log in as Admin or have the permission to modify company preferences.
To set up your template:
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences then Send Forms.
- Go to the Company Preferences tab.
- From the Delivery Method Default drop-down, choose E-mail.
- From the Email Templates drop-down, choose the specific transaction.
- Select Add Template.
- Modify the email template as necessary.
- To insert pre-built data, select Insert Field. Note: In QuickBooks 2020, you can also add the customer's purchase order to the subject line -Customer PO No: (Subject)
- To set the template as default, make sure to select Default, then Save.
- Select OK to close the Preferences window.
If you batch email and the transactions still use the old template:
You may notice batch invoices (as well as other transactions like estimates and statements) sent using the default or old email template after the template was changed or edited. This may happen if you created batch invoices before editing the templates.
To resolve the issue, follow one of the following solutions: