This report shows you all of the payments you received and deposits you made within the selected time period, with a subtotal for each customer, and a grand total at the bottom of the report.
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, select Custom Reports, then select Transaction Detail.
- Enter the appropriate date range.
- In the Columns box, select the following columns:
- Select the Total by drop-down, then select Customer. If you want, you can also select different criteria, for example, Total by account or Total by month.
- Go to the Filters tab and from the Filter list, then select Transaction type.
- From the Transaction Type drop-down, choose Multiple transactions, then check off the following:
- Sales Receipt
- Choose the Detail level filter, then select Summary only.
- Select OK.
Note that whenever there is more than one split account, the report will show the word SPLIT in the Split column. This report will not show each split account by name.
You may also want to see Create a Cash Disbursements Journal report.