Learn how to send your file to our Data Services team. Learn how to contact them and how to check the status of your case.
Note: In your Welcome Email, we send you instructions. It'll have details and a link to upload your backup file. The subject line will have your case number. The sender will be email@example.com.
How do I contact QuickBooks Data Services?
The QuickBooks Data Services team operates separately from the QuickBooks Support group you work with.
To chat directly with the Data Services team, Message Us.
- Note: QuickBooks Data Services has different support hours (Mon-Fri, 6 am to 6 pm, PT) than regular QuickBooks support. Please allow 24 hours for a reply.
How do I check the status of my case?
To check the status of your active case, Message us.
What does my case status really mean?
- Assigned: The case is assigned to a Data Services agent and a completion date is provided.
- Waiting on files/invites/permissions: The Data Services team is missing a piece of info from you (ie. a file, permissions, invites, etc). Find out what info we need to start on your file. Check your inbox or chat with the Data Services team.
- In process: Your case is active with the Data Services team. We are working on your data file and validating the fixes.
- File uploaded: Your file is fixed and is ready for you to download.
- Resolved: Your company file is fixed. You've confirmed the fix or it has been 3 business days without a response from you.
- Canceled: The case has been canceled. It was canceled by you or Data Services. We cancel the case if we don't receive the files we need to assign your case.
- Additional research required: We've identified a complex issue in your file. It's been escalated to a higher level of the Data Services team. They'll try to identify the issue and fix it. This may delay the completion date.
- Unrecoverable: Data Services can't fix your issue. You must restore a backup.
I've just started my QuickBooks Data Services case, now what?
When you report your issue to QuickBooks support, they'll set expectations for the Data Services process. They'll provide some action items you'll need to take. Your case can't get assigned to the Data Services team until all of those action items are done.
Here's a quick summary of those action items.
For cases on a QuickBooks Desktop product
- Your company file must be uploaded to the appropriate website.
- If you're converting a 3rd party software to QuickBooks Desktop, you must provide the password for your company file from the 3rd party software.
For cases involving QuickBooks Online
- We need permission. The link to provide permission to your case is in the Welcome Email you'll receive. The subject line will include your case number and the sender will be firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You need to add Data Services as an admin user in your QuickBooks Online account.
- Select the Gear icon at the top, and then Manage Users.
- Select New.
- Select Company Administrator, and then Next.
- Enter email@example.com then select Next and then Finish. Note: Simple Start users need to invite firstname.lastname@example.org as an accountant.
- Select the Gear icon, then Manage Users.
- Go to the Accountants tab.
- Enter email@example.com, then select Invite.
- If you're converting a 3rd party software to QuickBooks Online, you must provide the password for your company file from the 3rd party software.
For cases involving both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online
- All of the above
Note: It's important to complete these actions as soon as possible to avoid delays. We review new data services cases hourly. If you miss any action items, it's possible your case will miss an entire day of Data Services work.
How do I upload or download my files?
Where do I upload?
- File Exchange at https://intuitb2b.secure.force.com/FileExchange. *File size limit is 5GB.
- Intuit File Doctor Tool. *File size limit is 2GB.
What type of file can I upload?
|Your Current Software||File Type Extension|
|QuickBooks Desktop Pro/Premier/Enterprise||
|QuickBooks Desktop for Mac||
|QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale||
|3rd party software that you are converting to QuickBooks||
Can I upload multiple files?
You can upload multiple files to the case ID. You just have to upload them one at a time.
What if my file is too large to upload?
Sometimes files can get pretty big. No worries, we have a few options for you.
- Create a portable company file (currently available only in English) to upload.
- Snail mail. Send a copy of your data file on a USB drive to one of our Intuit locations.
Note: Please include a prepaid / self addressed envelope with your drive if you wish to have it mailed back after your case is completed.
Intuit Data Services
2800 E. Commerce Center PL.
Tucson, AZ, 85706
What if I have a QuickBooks Desktop file, but no longer have the software?
As long as you have a backup copy of your company file, you can use either of the options below to access your data:
- You can install QuickBooks on a new computer. Just use your original license and product numbers.
- You can use a trial version of QuickBooks Desktop (currently available only in English) to open your company file.
Can I transfer my QuickBooks Desktop data to or from QuickBooks Online?
There are lots of reasons why you might want to move your data. You might want to save your info to the cloud and back up online data to a local drive.
How is my business data protected?
As long as you use the online form to upload your data to us, it will be protected. We use the industry standard SSL encryption. Data is removed from our servers promptly after you have uploaded your file. We store a copy on our local servers during conversion.
Post conversion, we move your data to a secure offline storage where it's encrypted. It's best practice to have a password on your data file.
How much does this service cost?
See the QuickBooks Data Services price list (currently available only in English).