Connect your company bank account to pay employees or contractors and pay taxes electronically using your Online Payroll service.
- Bank account information:
- Account number
- Routing number
- Online banking credentials (QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll only)
- Principal Officer information:
- Legal name
- Social security number
- Birth date
- Home address
QuickBooks Online Payroll Products
If you use one of our eight partner banks, you can connect your bank instantly. Other banks can be connected through our regular bank verification process. This can take up to 3 business days.
Instant bank verification
If you bank with one of our 8 partner banks, this feature allows you to instantly connect your bank account using your bank login credentials .
|Current Partner Banks|
|Wells Fargo||BB&T Bank||USAA||Chase|
|Bank of America||US bank||TD Bank||Citi Bank|
- Select Workers and Employees
- Select Add employee.
- Enter employee information.
- In question How do you want to pay (employee name), select Direct deposit.
- Enter account type, routing number, account number, and then confirm account number.
- Select Done.
- In the window that opens, select Next to finish direct deposit setup.
- Select Get started.
- Choose your bank.
- Enter Banking User ID and Banking Password, and then select Connect securely.
- The system will try to connect to your bank.
- Select the account you want to use, and then select Use this account.
- Select Next.
- Confirm your business information and select Next.
- Confirm principal officer details and select Submit.
- A message You've successfully connected your bank account! appears. Select Done.
Normal bank verification
If you do not bank with one of our partner banks, or did not pass the instant bank verification process, you will go through the normal bank verification process.
- In the Connecting your bank page, search and select your bank.
- Select Connect using your routing and account numbers.
- Enter your Bank account number and Bank routing number, and select Next.
- Verify business information and select Next.
- Verify principal officer details and select Submit.
- To fully verify your bank account information, a test transaction will appear in your bank account within 2 business days. An email will be sent for further instruction.
Intuit Online Payroll Products
Connect your bank account to your payroll service so you can pay your employees or contractors direct deposit.
To add bank account information:
- Select Setup.
- Select Direct Deposit.
- Select Let's Get Started.
- Enter banking information.Notes:
- If you have already entered your bank information in electronic services setup, you will see it in the Direct Deposit setup, and vice versa.
- You can only enter one payroll bank account.
- Select Confirm.Once Step 5 has been completed, you are brought to the overview window. You can return to this window any time to:
- Check your enrollment status
- Make changes to the funding account
- A test transaction should appear in your bank account in 2 business days. This amount should be a credit and debit for an amount less than $1.00. You can verify the amount either by checking your bank statement online or by calling your bank.
- Select Confirm the amount of your test transaction to confirm the test transaction amount on your To Do tab. See article Verify test transaction for more information.
- Your account is now activated for direct deposit.
What if my account still isn't active for direct deposit?
This may be caused by one of the following situations:
- You entered an invalid bank account.
- We weren't able to initiate the test transaction because your bank account had a zero balance.
- You entered an incorrect test transaction amount.
Should one of these situations arise, we'll send you an email with instructions for resolving it or contact Payroll Support for assistance.
How do I update my company bank information?
How do I set up my employee or contractors for direct deposit?
See Set up an employee for direct deposit for employees and Contractor direct deposit for QuickBooks Online Payroll and QuickBooks Full Service Payroll (US only) for contractors.