Learn how to get started with QuickBooks Desktop.
All you have to do to use QuickBooks is create your company file. You can then set up your customers, vendors, items, and financial accounts. Let's dive into what's next.
- Add your customers and vendors
- Set up QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Add your employees
- Set up the items you buy and sell
- Set up your other accounts (bank accounts, etc.)
- Make sure QuickBooks is up to date by entering all transactions that occurred before your start date
- Set up your sales tax information (if you charge sales tax)
Start using QuickBooks
If you’re not sure where to start, take a moment to learn about the basics.
- Choose the right sales form and bill your customers
- Receive payments from your customers
- Pay your bills
- Customize your sales forms
- Set up passwords and additional users
- Back up your QuickBooks data
Get help for common task
Here are some of the resources you may need.
- Get the info you need in QuickBooks Help. Just press F1 or search a term in the Help window.
- Download the QuickBooks user guide to help you get familiar with QuickBooks Desktop.
- Visit the QuickBooks support site to search in-depth support articles or get help from a QuickBooks support representative.
- Visit the Intuit Community to connect with other QuickBooks users and small business owners.
- Find a local QuickBooks expert.