When saving or printing PDF files, QuickBooks Desktop follows the settings applied in your computer. If you want to change the format of the PDF, follow the steps provided:
Create a legal size PDF
- Go to Printers and Faxes.
- On the keyboard, press the Windows logo + R to open Run dialog.
- Type control printers and click OK.
- Change the image size compression.
- Right-click the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and select Printing Preferences.
- Select the Advanced button.
- Click the Images: JPG - Medium Compression link then change it to JPG - Minimum or PNG lossless Compression.
- Click OK.
- Create the PDF as normal.
- Set the PDF size to legal.
- Open the PDF and from the File menu, select Print.
- Click the Properties button then go to the Advanced tab and change the paper size to legal.
Save PDF in landscape or portrait orientation
The orientation must be set before the document is saved. Select the desired orientation in the printer options for the printer you are using in the QuickBooks Printer Setup for Reports.
- From the QuickBooks File menu, select Printer Setup.
- Click the Form Name drop-down and choose Report.
- Click the Options button next to the Printer name field to open your printer properties window.
- Go to the Finishing tab and in the Orientation section, select Portrait or Landscape.
Note: There is an orientation setting in the QuickBooks Printer setup window but it does NOT change the orientation when saving the PDF document. Orientation must be set on the actual printer properties.