Learn how to turn off Bank Feeds for an account.
You can use Bank Feeds to get transactions from your bank and import them to QuickBooks.
You may need to turn Bank Feeds off in QuickBooks Desktop when:
- You don't need to download transactions.
- You cancel your accounts with your financial institution.
- Your bank stops supporting Bank Feeds.
This article is part of a series that covers basic information about Bank Feeds in QuickBooks for Windows.
- Set up account for Bank Feeds
- Download Bank Feed transactions
- Add and match Bank Feed transactions
- Deactivate Bank Feeds for an account
Step 1: Match or Delete your transactions
Before you turn Bank Feeds off, make sure you match or delete all of the downloaded transactions for the account. QuickBooks won’t let you make changes if there are still pending transactions.
Step 2: Turn Bank Feeds off
You can disconnect your accounts from Bank Feeds one at a time.
QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- Go to Lists and then select Chart of Accounts.
- Right-click the account you want to turn off. Then select Edit Account.
- Go to Bank Settings.
- Select Deactivate all online services, then select OK.
- Select Save & Close.
QuickBooks for Mac
- Go to Lists, and then select Chart of Accounts.
- Highlight the account and select the pencil to edit.
- Select Online Settings.
- Select Download Transactions then select Not enabled.
- Select OK to confirm, then select OK.
After you disconnect your account, QuickBooks won’t download new transactions.
If you see an error or can’t disconnect an account, here’s how to fix Bank Feed errors.