Learn how to find transactions in your account registers so you can review or edit them.
An account register gives you the history of an account. It lists all past and current transactions associated with it.
If you need to review your transactions or make quick edits, you can do them right from an account register. Account registers also have filtering and sorting tools that speed up your search.
Find a transaction
There are a few ways to find what you're looking for.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Chart of accounts (Take me there).
- Find the account you want to review. Then, in the Action column, select View register.
- Select the Filter icon, then select the filters you want you to apply. You can use the Find field to search by amount, reference number, or memo.
- Select Apply.
- To remove a filter, select the X next to the filter name. Or to clear all filters, select Clear filter / View All.
Sort and reorder the list of transactions by date, reference number, type of payment, or reconcile status. By default, your most recent transactions appear at the top.
- Hover over any column header. If a Sort icon (▲ or ▼) appears, you can sort the transactions by the value in that column.
- Select any sortable column header to sort the account history by that value by ascending or descending order.
Note: If you sort by any column other than the Date or Reconciliation status, the Balance column displays n/a.
Remove columns or change the view
- Select the Settings ⚙ at the top of the list.
- Select and uncheck the boxes to hide the columns.
You can also select Paper Ledger Mode if you want your register to look like a regular checkbook.
Edit a transaction
- Find and select the transaction in the account register to expand the view.
- Make changes to the available fields.
- If you want to change something in the grayed-out sections, select Edit. This opens the full transaction form where you can make additional changes.
- When you're ready, select Save or Save and close.