Learn what to do if invited users did not receive, or can't find, your email invitation to use QuickBooks Online.
Have you invited a user, but they didn't receive their invitation or their invitation is missing? If so, we'll help you find out what's happening and resend the invitation.
Why aren't my invited users receiving their email invitations?
- The invitation might be in their junk or spam folder.
- The company’s email address is incorrectly formatted in Company settings.
- The recipient’s mail servers might be blocking the email.
- The invitation may have already expired. Email invites expire after 48 hours from when it was sent.
|Tip: If the invitation email can’t be found or has expired, resend the invitation by following the steps found below in How to resend an invitation email.|
Resend an invitation email
Step 1: Check if your email address is correct
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Under Your Company, select Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- Select Company.
- In the Contact info section, select the Edit ✎ .
- Even if it looks correct, carefully re-enter the company email address. Be sure not to use any extra characters or leave any blank spaces before, within, or after the address.
- Select Save, then choose Done.
Step 2: Resend the user invite
- Go to Settings ⚙.
- Select Manage Users.
- Find the user you need to invite again.
- Select Resend invite in the Action column.
Note: If you don't see the option to resend and the status shows Active, it means the user accepted your invitation to join your company and has already set up a login. They can now log in to qbo.intuit.com and start working on your QuickBooks company.
Whitelist Intuit’s email server hostnames to avoid invitations getting tagged as spam
If they still don't receive your email invitation, it's possible that their mail servers block emails from Intuit.
You can ask them to whitelist the following QuickBooks Online email server hostnames and IP addresses so their invitation won't get recognized as spam.