Learn how to add your accountant in QuickBooks Online.
With access to your company, your accountant can review your books, make corrections, and collaborate on any issues. Accountant users have additional privileges that let them undo entire reconciliations, reclassify transactions, and write off invoices. They can also use accountant-specific tools to help you prepare for taxes.
Note: Regular accountant users don't count toward your usage limit. They’ll count if you make them your company’s primary admin.
If you need to manage regular users, here’s how to add and manage them in QuickBooks Online.
To watch more how-to videos, visit our video section.
Invite your accountant
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online as a primary admin.
- Select Settings ⚙, then select Manage users.
- Select the Accountants or Accounting firms tab.
- Enter your accountant’s email address, then select Invite.
Find out what happens when you invite your accountant
- Your accountant will receive an email about the invitation. You’ll know they accepted your request when the status on the Manage users page changes from Invited to Active.
- Your accountant will get a link to access your QuickBooks Online company if they already have QuickBooks Online Accountant. If they don’t, they need to sign up. Signing up is free and lets them access all of the features available in your version of QuickBooks Online at no cost to you.