Learn how to change your accountant’s copy to a regular company file in QuickBooks Desktop.
Need to convert your accountant’s copy working file (.QBA) or transfer file (.QBX) to a regular company file (.QBW)? You can use QuickBooks Desktop Premier Accountant and Enterprise Accountant to change your file so you can continue recording transactions without restrictions.
Here’s how you can change your accountant’s copy to a regular company file:
- Open your accountant’s copy (QBX or .QBA), and create a backup.
- Go to the File menu. Select Send Company File, and then Accountant's Copy.
- Select Convert Accountant’s Copy to Company File/QBW.
- Select OK to confirm you want to convert the file.
- Open the folder you want to save the .QBW file in, and rename the file. Select Save.
- Once you’re done converting, select OK.
| After converting...|
Check out our accountant’s copy guide to know more about other workflows.