Learn how to dispute inaccurate or incomplete info related to your consumer report from The Work Number®.
If you identify info in your consumer report from The Work Number® that you believe is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to file a dispute as allowed under the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
File a dispute
If you’d like to submit a dispute related to data provided by The Work Number®, you may do so using one of the following methods:
- Online: https://theworknumber.com/employee-data-dispute-form
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 314-812-6822
- Phone: 866-222-5880, Monday - Friday, 7AM - 7PM CST
- Postal Mail: 3470 Rider Trail South, Saint Louis, MO 63045, ATTN: Dispute
If the inaccurate or incomplete data was furnished by Intuit Payroll Services, you may also submit your dispute directly to us by following these instructions:
- Download and complete our Consumer Direct Dispute Form.
- Mail your completed Consumer Direct Dispute Form to:
ATTN: Income and Employment Verification - Disputes and Notices
2535 Garcia Ave
Mountain View, CA 94043
What happens next?
We conduct an investigation with your employer(s) to verify the accuracy of the info you disputed.
- We attempt to contact your employer(s) to verify the accuracy of the info you disputed. We request they make any changes necessary to ensure your records are accurate and complete after considering all relevant info provided.
- If your employer(s) don’t confirm that the info is accurate and complete, or has been updated, or we are otherwise unable to make contact with your employer(s), your records will remain blocked from future furnishing.
- The dispute process may take up to (30) thirty days for completion at which time Intuit will provide you with the results of the investigation. During the investigation process, your employment and income record will not be available for verification services.
What if I don’t agree with the results of the investigation?
- If you’d like written proof about your employment and/or income info, please contact your employer(s) directly.
- If you have additional relevant info to substantiate your claim, you may submit a new dispute.
For more information, including information about additional rights, go to www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore
The Work Number® is a registered trademark of TALX Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Equifax Inc. Copyright © 2021, Equifax Inc., Atlanta, Georgia. All rights reserved.