Learn how to import your transactions from Square to QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.
QuickBooks lets you import your sales data from Square. This way you can see how your business is performing. Here’s how you do it.
Download your sales data from Square
To start, you need to export your transactions from Square.
Note: If you do business in multiple tax locations, export your Square transactions by location. This will create a separate file for each tax location. That way, you'll be able to assign the correct sales tax when you import your Square transactions.
- Go to your Square account.
- From the left menu, select Sales.
- Select the Transactions tab, then select the transaction you want to export.
- Select Export, then Transactions CSV.
Import your sales data in QuickBooks
Here’s how to import your sales data from Square to QuickBooks.
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to File, then select Import.
- Select Transactions, then select Sales Receipts.
- In the Import Sales Receipts window, select Import from Square icon.
- Select the file you exported from Square.
- Select the bank account associated with your Square account.
- Select the tax rate for the transactions. Note: Make sure the tax rates you have set up in Square match the tax rate items you have set up in QuickBooks.
- Select OK, then select Import.
Review your imported transactions
Here’s how to review your Square transactions in QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks, select the Company menu.
- Select Transactions Center, then select Sales Receipts.