If your credit card was declined during the billing process, you will receive an automated e-mail notifying you that the payment did not go through because the card was declined.
Possible reasons why credit cards get declined
- Invalid account number
- Expired credit card
- Over-limit or past due
- Card listed in the "negative file" (e.g., lost/stolen, pickup requested, etc.)
- General decline, no other information provided by the processor
- Issuing bank will not electronically authorize the credit card
- Billing Address in QuickBooks Online does not match the address on your credit card statement
- Prepaid cards (we do not accept prepaid cards due to the address verification process that we use)
- Card billing address must be U.S. based (currently we do not accept credit cards with billing addresses in US Territories such as American Samoa, Puerto Rico, & The U.S. Virgin Islands)
Important: Take note that we do not automatically rerun the card. You must first update your subscription information to reactivate the account. You can either resubmit the existing card or update it with new credit card information.