Learn how to run the Affordable Care Act ALE report in QuickBooks Time.
The QuickBooks Time Affordable Care Act (ACA) report helps you:
- Determine if you are an applicable large employer (ALE) that is required to provide healthcare coverage to your employees.
- Fill out IRS form 1094-C, Part III, column b (Full-Time Employee Count for ALE Member) and c (Total Employee Count for ALE Member).
For more information about the ACA, see: The Affordable Care Act: What Will Obamacare Mean For Your Business In 2016?
Install the Affordable Care Act Compliance tools add-on
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, then Manage Add-ons.
- Locate Affordable Care Act Compliance Tools, then select Install.
Run the report
- Go to Reports.
- Select Logging and Auditing, then Applicable Large Employer.
- In the Applicable Large Employer (ALE) Report window, select a report year, and select Download CSV Report.
- When the file has downloaded, if necessary, select Open.
The spreadsheet displays:
- By month, the number of full-time and full-time equivalent employees.
- The yearly averages of full-time and full-time equivalent employees.