Learn how to update your QuickBooks license and product info.
There might be times when you need to change your license number or product code for QuickBooks Desktop. Here’s how to do it.
|Need to install QuickBooks in another computer? Don't worry. After you follow the steps below, you can use the migrator tool so you can skip re-entering the license number or product code in the new computer. The migrator tool will also take care of moving all of your data for you.|
Change the license number
You can change the license number without uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
QuickBooks Desktop for Windows
- From the QuickBooks Help menu, select Manage My License, then Change My License Number.
- Enter the new license number, select Next then Finish.
QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- From the QuickBooks menu, select Manage My License, then Deauthorize This Computer.
- When you get the prompt, select Deauthorize and Quit.
- Re-open QuickBooks and follow the registration process. It'll let you enter a different license.
Change the QuickBooks product code (Windows users only)
Solution 1: Uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks
If your business runs Pro, Premier, or Enterprise in five or fewer computers, the best way to change your product code is to reinstall the software.