Learn how to export timesheets from QuickBooks Time to Xero for payroll in Australia.
Before you export timesheets
- Make sure you have the integration set up correctly before you export time.
- The export only includes hourly employee timesheets.
- Only time off timesheets are exported for salaried and exempt employees, no other timesheets will export.
- For payroll purposes, only employees who have tracked time during the selected pay period display.
- Each employee in Xero must have a pay schedule.
- You can have multiple pay schedules set up in Xero, but only one can be assigned to an employee.
- You need to assign a Salary and Wage item for an employee in Xero, and additional pay items in a pay template.
- Salaried employees in Xero may have a pay template that includes loading rates, overtime penalties, and expected hours worked to get paid. If you export timesheets from QuickBooks Time for those employees, it overrides the pay template.
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Reports, then select Approvals.
- In the next window, select your filters and a pay period that includes “By Xero” in the name.
- Choose who you want to approve time for:
- For individual team member timesheets, select Approve.
- To approve all timesheets, select Check all unapproved, then Approve Selected Users.
- Select Export Approved to Xero.
- In the Export Time window, select Yes, Export.
Track contractor time
If you need a contractor to track time in QuickBooks Time:
- Create the contractor as an employee in QuickBooks Time
- Add them as a contact in Xero. This will bring them over to QuickBooks Time as a customer to track time against.
- Once those are completed, assign the new employee to their contact (customer) in QuickBooks Time.