Learn how to move your mileage data from MileIQ to QuickBooks.
If you're switching from tracking your miles in MileIQ to QuickBooks Self-Employed, we've got you covered. Here's how to download your existing MileIQ mileage and upload it into QuickBooks.
Step 1: Get your data from MileIQ
- Sign in to QuickBooks Self-Employed on a web browser.
- Go to the Miles menu.
- Select the Add Trip ▼ dropdown. Then select Import MileIQ trips.
- Follow the onscreen steps to get your mileage from Mile IQ. If you already have your mileage in a CSV file, select Browse and upload the CSV.
Step 2: Categorize the imported trips
- Go back to the Miles menu.
- Review the trips you downloaded.
- Mark the trips you downloaded as Business or Personal.
Step 3: Start tracking your mileage with QuickBooks
Now your existing mileage data is in QuickBooks Self-Employed. Next, enter your vehicle info so all your trip info is together when you file your taxes.
When you're ready to start tracking your business miles, here's how to automatically track mileage in QuickBooks.
Note: Be sure to start tracking your mileage automatically on your phone using our mobile app.