To get a report on all money paid to a vendor for the year, you can run a Transaction List by Date report. Once the appropriate customizations are made it will reflect all payments made to vendors.
Note: The Expenses by Vendor Summary report only reflects payments coded to expense accounts and not true vendor totals.
To get your vendor totals:
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- Enter the report name as Transaction List by Date.
- Choose Transaction List by Date.
- Select a Report period to the year.
- For Group By, select Vendor.
- Select Customize.
- Filter by the following Transaction Types:
- Bill Payment (Check)
- Bill Payment (Credit Card)
- Cash Expense
- Credit Card Expense
- Credit Card Credit
- Vendor Credit
- (Optional) If you want to report on a particular vendor or group, select the Name ▼ dropdown menu, then select the appropriate vendor(s).
- Select Run Report.
- Select Save customization, then select Save.
Note: You can create a new name for the report.
This will create a report that will reflect all payments to your vendors.
Note: If you need a total for all of your payments, select the Export button, then Export to Excel for the total the column.