Learn how to set up LST deduction for an employee in QuickBooks Online Payroll.
Your Local Service Tax (LST) is calculated and tracked in QuickBooks Online Payroll based on how you set it up. However, you’ll need to pay and file your local taxes manually outside of QuickBooks.
Check out Pennsylvania Local Services Tax (LST) to learn more.
Set up the PA local services tax
- Go to Payroll, then Employees.
- Select your employee.
- From Deductions & contributions, select Start or Edit.
- Under Deductions/contributions, select +Add deduction/contribution.
- For Deduction/contribution type, select Other taxable deductions.
- For Type select Other after tax deductions.
- For the Description, enter LST.
- For Calculated as choose Flat amount or % of gross pay, then enter the amount or percentage rate to deduct per paycheck.
- For Annual Maximum, enter the jurisdiction's annual maximum amount of LST.
- Select Save.