Learn how and when to send direct deposit paychecks to process payroll on time in QuickBooks Payroll.
Direct deposit (DD) is a fast and convenient way to pay your employees in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. For your employees' direct deposit to process on time, you must send it to Intuit prior to your payday. Federal holidays can affect when your employees get paid. Keep this in mind when you decide when to create and send paychecks.
Send Payroll to Intuit
- Select Employees, then Send Payroll Data.
- In the Send/Receive Payroll Data window, select View in the Items to Send section to review the following info:
- The paychecks to be processed.
- Taxes (for Assisted Payroll) and Direct Deposit amounts.
- The funds to be withdrawn from your account.
- Select Close to close the View items window.
- Select Send All. Enter your Payroll Service/Direct Deposit PIN then select OK. If you see a message “QuickBooks can’t find the following account”, try these steps:
- Select the bank account you use for payroll fees from the Accounts ▼dropdown, if you just changed your direct deposit bank account.
- Select Payroll Service Asset Account (for Assisted Payroll) from the Accounts ▼dropdown, if you’re sending a zero payroll after you void a paycheck. QuickBooks uses this account to post any tax credit (overpaid taxes) as a result of void.
- When done, you’ll return to the Send/Receive Data window. Under Items Received, select View to view important payroll messages or confirmation reports.
- Select Close to close the Send/Receive Data window.
Note: Individual financial institutions determine the exact time direct deposits are posted. However, employees should receive their direct deposit before 5 PM local time.