QuickBooks Online does not have a specific Missing Checks report that identifies all checks sorted by number or one that lets you scan for missing or duplicate check numbers.
However, you can easily customize the Account QuickReport for your bank account to help you find information about missing checks.
|Note: This functionality is not available to Simple Start users.|
To create a missing checks report:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Chart of accounts (Take me there).
- Locate the appropriate account in the list.
- Select Run report in the Action column or from the View register dropdown list. The Account QuickReport appears.
- Select Customize.
- From the Report period dropdown list, select All Dates.
- Select the Rows/Columns item to open the section.
- Select None from the Group by dropdown list.
- Select the Filter item to open the section.
- Select All from the Distribution Account dropdown list, and select the required bank account from the Account dropdown list.
- From the Transaction Type dropdown list, select Check, Bill Payment (Check), Paycheck, Liability Payment (Check), and Prior Liability Payments.
- Select Run report.
The Account QuickReport is re-run to display the check-related items you specified. You can use this report to identify and track missing checks.
You can optionally select Save customization to save the custom report for future use. Once you save the report, you can re-open it from the Custom Reports tab of the Reports page.