If you need a report with checks sorted by number, you can customize the Check Detail report.
- Go to Reports (Take me there).
- Search for the Check Detail report.
- Customize the report:
- General/Transaction Date: All Dates
- Group by: Account
- Sort by: Num
- Select Run Report.
- To print the report, select the printer icon.
This report will list all checks sorted by number. No matter how the Sort By option is set, the system also lists checks by date, which can cause the numbering to be a little out of sequence. If this happens, you need to export to Excel to properly sort the checks. Here’s how:
- Select the Export icon at the top of the report then choose Export to Excel.
- In Excel, delete all report header rows (Company Name, Report Name, and Date Range) leaving the column headings and the data.
- Remove any empty columns on the left.
- Using your mouse, select only the column headers and cells with data. Do not select any columns or rows in the spreadsheet that are empty.
Tip: When selecting your data, it is easier to start at the bottom right of your spreadsheet.
- From the Data menu, select Sort.
- Sort by: Num and bullet "My data range has: Header rows," and then select OK.
- To print, select File and select Print.