Learn how to review and add payouts to your accounts.
Payouts are the payments sent from your sales channel for your completed orders. The total amount of each payout will include the sales amount, discounts, refunds, expenses, and adjustments for the orders in the payout period.
After you connect your sales channel, QuickBooks automatically brings in the latest transactions. All you have to do is add them to your books.
Review and add payouts
- Go to Bookkeeping, then select Transactions.
- Select App transactions.
- Select your sales channel from All connections, then select For Review.
- Select a payout, then select an option in the Action column:
- Add: This payout is ready to be added to your books.
- View details: expands the details, such as the breakdown of the sale income, refunds, and expenses.
- Exclude: This payout won’t be added to your books.
- If you need to undo a payout you’ve added to your books, go to Reviewed tab and select Undo under the Action column.
Match payouts to bank deposits
- Go to Bank Transactions.
- Select Confirm to match the Payout with the bank deposit from your sales channel.
- If you’ve already added the bank deposit for this Payout before adding it from App Transactions, you’ll now need to undo the bank deposit entry.
- If you use a third party like PayPal, Affirm, or Authorize.net for payments, you’ll need to record your sales and deposits manually
Automatically add payments
If you’d like to automatically add Payouts to your books, you can do this from the connection settings.
- Go to Commerce Overview.
- Under Channel Connections, select the dropdown arrow beside the channel name to open settings.
- Go to General and, in Payout Confirmation. select Edit then select Automatic.
- Select Save.