Learn how to fix QuickBooks Time payroll hours displaying in QuickBooks Desktop.
Find your hours in QuickBooks Desktop
If you've exported your hours from QuickBooks Time to QuickBooks Desktop and the hours aren't displaying correctly when you run payroll, it’s most likely because the payroll detail needs to be refreshed.
Step 1: Check the sync log
- Log in to QuickBooks Time as the admin.
- Select the QuickBooks dropdown, then select Sync log.
- Review the sync log for errors.
Step 2: Make sure employee hours exported to weekly timesheet
- In QuickBooks Desktop, select Employees, then Enter Time.
- Select Use Weekly Timesheet.
- If it displays the correct hours, you can run payroll, and the hours should appear.
- If they don’t display in payroll, check your employee settings.
Check employee settings
If the hours display in the weekly timesheet and you've run payroll but the hours aren’t in the payroll fields, configure employee settings:
- In QuickBooks Desktop, select Employees, then Employee Center.
- Select an employee, then Edit ✎, and select Payroll Info.
- Below the Earnings section, make sure Use time data to create paychecks is selected.
- If hours were exported before this was selected, they won’t be transferred from the weekly timesheet to payroll.
- Either add the hours in payroll manually, or contact QuickBooks Time Support team for help exporting the hours again.
- Make sure the employee is assigned to the payroll schedule you’re running payroll for.
- Select OK.
If employees are paid overtime or double time
- In QuickBooks Desktop, assign the appropriate payroll items to your employees.
- In QuickBooks Time, select Company Settings, then Payroll & Overtime.
- Select Overtime, make your selections, and Save.
- Map your payroll items.
Finish running payroll
Review the hours for accuracy. If the hours aren’t displayed:
- Run a scheduled or unscheduled payroll, and review each employee.
- Select an employee, then Open Paycheck Detail.
- In the Preview Paycheck window, adjust the Pay Period date range to any other date range.
- To allow QuickBooks Desktop to register the date change, select another field in the paycheck window.
- In the window asking if you would like to utilize the timesheet data recorded for those employees, select Yes.
- Adjust the date range to the correct pay period, then select another field in the paycheck window.
- In the window asking if you would like to utilize the timesheet data, select Yes. This recalculates the paycheck totals based on the hours recorded in the weekly timesheet.
- Select Save & Next to repeat this process for each paycheck.