Learn how to set up QR Codes so your team members can clock in on the go without having to worry about selecting the right customer while on the job.
Set up and print QR codes (admin only)
Turn on this feature on the web dashboard:
- In QuickBooks Time, go to Feature Add-ons, and select Manage Add-ons.
- Find QR Codes, and select Install.
Next, you can set up QR codes using a computer, or on QuickBooks Workforce (formerly QuickBooks Time mobile app).
- In QuickBooks Time on the web dashboard, go to Jobs or Customers, and select the customer you want to create a QR code for.
- Select Edit ✎, then More, and select Print QR Code.
- A print preview of the QR code displays. You can print this or save it as a PDF for later.
- In the Workforce app, go to More, then select Manage QR Codes.
- Select Add QR code.
- Choose a customer and add other fields as desired, then select Continue.
- Add a name for the code, then select Save QR code.
- A printable code displays. Choose a printer, or select Cancel to print the code later.
- To print a code, in the QR Codes list, select More, then Print.
Clock in using a QR code (for team members)
QR codes can only be used with QuickBooks Workforce (formerly QuickBooks Time mobile app).
- In the Workforce app, select Track Time, then Timesheeets.
- Select Clock in, then Scan QR code.
- If this is your first time scanning a code, you may be prompted to allow QuickBooks Time to access your phone’s camera.
- Scan the QR Code using the camera to be instantly clocked in to the associated customer.