Find out what computer and browser you need for the best QuickBooks experience. This covers QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i5 or comparable processor (2015 or newer) with at least 4 GB of RAM. Note: You need Adobe Reader 11.0 or higher to print forms.
- Mac: OS X "Panther" 10.13 or newer.
- Internet connection: 3 Mbps or higher.
Note: The QuickBooks Online app for your desktop isn't compatible with Linux operating systems like Ubuntu or Fedora, however you can open QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online Accountant, and QuickBooks Self-Employed in web browsers on Linux operating systems.
- Windows PC: Windows 10, Intel Core i3 or a comparable processor (2013 or newer) with at least 2 GB of RAM.
- Mac: OS X "El Capitan" 10.11 or newer.
- Internet connection: 1.5 Mbps.
Learn more about QuickBooks products and which is best for your business.