Learn how to set up or disable two-step verification for your Intuit account.
“Two-step verification” is a security setting where you confirm that you’re the one signing in to your account using your password and a unique code.
Set up two-step verification
- Sign in to your Intuit account.
- From the left menu, select Sign In & Security.
- In the “Two-step verification” section, select Turn on.
- Make sure your phone number is correct, then select how you want to verify your account:
- Text message. You receive a standard six-digit verification text code.
- Voice call. You receive an automated voice verification code in English.
- Select Turn on.
- Enter the code, then select Continue.
Now you have an extra layer of security every time you access your account.
Turn off two-step verification
Don’t need this setting? Follow the steps below to disable two-step verification.
You can also set up “multi-factor authentication” as extra protection against fraud. To know more, check out this guide.