Learn how to make and record a journal entry in QuickBooks Online.
Journal entries are the last resort for entering transactions. Use them only if you understand accounting or you’re following the advice of your accountant.
You can also find an accountant if you need one.
Watch this video to learn more about journal entries. We’ll also show you some things you can do instead.
If you’re feeling confident about creating journal entries, here are a few reasons to use them.
- Enter debits and credits manually, like in traditional accounting systems.
- Transfer money between income and expense accounts.
- Transfer money from an asset, liability, or equity account to an income or expense account.
Create a journal entry
- Go to the Create ⨁ icon and select Journal Entry.
- Fill out the fields to create your journal entry.
- Select Save and new or Save and close.
Your books done right - guaranteed
Get a team of QuickBooks-certified bookkeepers to set up, review, and close your books each month so you can focus on your business. Learn more about QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping.