- This Chrome extension is no longer available to add. To connect QuickBooks Time to your ADP Run account, use our full API integration option.
- The following instructions are for accounts that already use the Chrome extension. However, we recommend getting set up with the full integration option.
Set up the extension
- Make sure that employee first and last names match exactly between QuickBooks Time and ADP RUN.
- Note: Vendor time will not transfer. Vendors can be added as QuickBooks Time users, but their time will need to be manually entered into ADP.
- Make sure that QuickBooks Time PTO codes and ADP PTO worksheet names (not customized names) match exactly. To find the PTO worksheet names:
- In ADP RUN, go to Company, then select Earnings deductions. A list displays.
- At the right of the PTO item(s), select Edit, and look for the worksheet name.
- Log out of ADP RUN.
- Go to: QuickBooks Time Extension for ADP RUN Payroll.
- Select Add to Chrome, then choose Add extension.
- Log in to ADP RUN.
- On the Welcome page, select Run payroll. At the top right of the Enter Payroll page, notice the Import Time button.
- From the drop-down, select Connect to QuickBooks Time.
- Sign into QuickBooks Time. ADP RUN and QuickBooks Time are now connected.
Import hours worked from QuickBooks Time
- Log in to ADP RUN, then select Run payroll.
- Select Import time. Employee hours appear in the table. (Note: If the payroll table is longer than one page, select the subsequent page numbers to import time onto each page.)
- Make edits directly within the table. (Note: If edits are made in ADP RUN, they will not show in QuickBooks Time.)
- From the Import Time drop-down, select Clear Time to erase everything in the table.
- In QuickBooks Time, edit the hours worked, and, in ADP RUN, select Import time again.
- Run payroll.