Learn how to set pricing rules for specific products and services.
Pricing rules let you control the price of your products and services. You can offer discounts or charge different rates by item. You can also offer them to only certain customers for a specified amount of time.
Step 1: Turn on price rules
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings or Company Settings.
- Select the Sales tab.
- In the Products and services section, select Edit ✏️.
- Select the Turn on price rules Beta checkmark.
- Select Save and then Done.
Step 2: Create a price rule
- Go to Settings ⚙️ and then select All Lists.
- Select Price Rules.
- Select Create a rule. After your first rule, select New price rule.
- Give your rule a name.
- Set when the rule is active in the Start date and End date fields.
- Price rules apply to all of your customers by default. If you want only want it to apply to specific customers, select the Select customers▼ dropdown and then Select individually. Then select Add customer. You can also add a customer type if you have them.
- Price rules apply to all products and services by default. If you want it to only apply to specific types, select the Select products or services ▼ dropdown. Then select the type.
- Use the Set sales price or rate by, Percentage, and Rounding ▼ dropdowns to decide how much you want to increase or decrease prices by.
When you're ready to apply your customizations, select Apply. You'll see the adjusted prices of each item based on your customizations in the Adjusted price column. Select Save and close to save your rule.