Use our new invoicing feature to send unlimited clean, professional-style invoices from anywhere.
- Tap Invoices at the bottom of the screen.
- On the Invoice page, tap Create invoice or the (+) icon in the upper-right corner to create a new invoice.
- Add the name of the person you're invoicing to the Recipient field and tap Add in the upper-right corner. Tap Access contacts to select someone from your phone's contact list.
- Fill out your recipient's email address, phone, and address (optional).
- Tap Save in the upper-right corner.
- Tap (+) to add an invoice item. You can add as many items as you need.
- Fill out the description.
- Tap Next in the upper-right corner and enter the amount. Select a flat rate, hourly rate, or per-unit rate (when you want to be reimbursed for a purchase, for example).
- Tap Add in the upper-right corner.
- Fill out the contact info that you want to appear on the invoice, the due date, and a message (optional).
- Tap Save as draft to save it for later, or tap Send invoice to send it right away.
Tip! On the Invoices tab, tap the drop-down menu to filter invoices by All, Drafts, Unpaid, Overdue, and Paid. Unpaid invoices will give you the option to resend or mark it as paid.
- Select the menu (≡)
- Scroll down and select Invoices
- Select the plus (+) to create a new invoice.
- Select Add customer
- Select an existing customer or select Add new customer
- To change or remove the customer, just tap on them
- Select Add another product or service
- Select an existing or Add new product or service. You can choose Flat Rate, Hourly, or Quantity
- Tip! Frequently used products/services are saved for quick use. If you don't want to see them, simply hold your finger over the item you want to remove from the suggestion list to delete it
- Tap Add
- (Optional) Edit invoice details
- Your work info such as your business name, company logo, contact email, etc.
- Invoice details such as the invoice date, invoice due date, and invoice number (Note: there is no Accounts Receivable in QuickBooks Self-Employed and this will not appear or impact any details on your Profit and Loss report until you have actually received the transactions and categorized it on the Transactions tab)
- Invoice message which appears directly in the invoice up to 255 characters. You will also have an opportunity to edit the email with the invoice attached. (Note: This message is not saved to every subsequent invoice. You will need to add the message every time if you are not using the default one.)
- Touch Save as draft to save it for later, or touch Send invoice to send it right away.
After you send your first invoice, the Invoices section shows the invoices you sent. From there, you can:
- Mark an invoice as paid
- View it
- Duplicate it (useful if you bill the same client or the same services frequently)
- Export it as PDF
- Print it
- Resend it
- Delete it
- Edit it (Note: Editing an invoice already marked as paid will take it out of the Paid status. It will not put it in a "partially paid" status.)
Note: Swiping left on the invoice will give you options to delete, resend, and mark as paid.