Learn what to do if you see “Error Processing Invoice - User is not a member of the specified Realm” when attempting to save an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020.
If you see this error while trying to save an invoice in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2020, it’s usually caused by having multiple Payments accounts that are used with multiple Intuit products. To fix it, we’ll show you how to refresh the QuickBooks eInvoicing keychain in macOS.
Step 1: Create a back up file
Before you get started, make sure to create a back up file.
- Select File, then select Back Up.
Step 2: Disconnect your Payments service from the company file
- From QuickBooks, select Preferences then select Merchant Service.
- Select Disconnect, then close QuickBooks.
Step 3: Refresh the QuickBooks eInvoicing keychain
- From your macOS, select Finder then select Go.
- Select Utilities, then select Keychain.
- From the Category section, select All Items.
- Type QuickBooks_eInvoicing into the search box of the Keychain Access window.
- Select and delete the QuickBooks_eInvoicing entry by going to the File menu and selecting Delete.
Step 4: Reconnect your Payments service
- From QuickBooks, select Preferences then select Merchant Services.
- Select Step 2 to sign in, then follow the prompts.
Step 5: Create a new invoice
- Select Accept Credit Card, then select Save.