Learn how to create a payroll summary report.
This report includes Employee wages, taxes, adjustments, sick and vacation time. It also includes net pay and employer taxes and contributions. We show you how to run this report.
|Note The dates in this report are by paycheck dates only, not pay period dates.|
Understanding the report
A few things to know about this report.
Gross Pay includes commission and additions such as bonuses or tips.
Adjusted Gross Pay is gross pay minus any pre-tax deductions such as an employee contribution to a 401(k) plan.
Net Pay is the amount paid to the employee after taxes, and after any adjustments for after-tax deductions (such as a loan payment) or additions (such as reimbursed travel expenses).
The Employer Taxes and Contributions section of the report shows the amount accrued during the period covered by the report. Regardless of whether your company paid them or not.
Create a payroll summary report
- Go to the Reports menu.
- Select Employees & Payroll, then Payroll Summary.
- Set a date range.
- From the Dates drop-down, select a date range, or
- In the From and To fields, enter a date range.
- Select Refresh.
- Remove the Hours and/or Rate columns.
- Select Customize Report.
- Under the Display tab, clear the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes. Then select OK.
- From the Print drop-down, choose Report to print it.
- (Optional) Change the printer setting. Then select Print.
To export this report, see: Export report from QuickBooks Desktop to Microsoft Excel.
Create a payroll report on one employee
Run a report for a specific employee.
- Go to the Employees menu. Then select Employee Center.
- Select the employee you want to run the report for.
- To the right, under REPORTS FOR THIS EMPLOYEE, select the report you would like to run:
- Payroll Summary
- Paid Time Off Report
- Payroll Transaction Detail
To create a Payroll Summary report by employee, check out Creating a payroll summary report by employee.