Scheduled Reports is a feature in QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and later versions that allows you to send reports on a regular and recurring scheduled time. If you’ve ever found yourself sending the same reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis, you can set up Scheduled Reports to automate this task. You can choose the time and frequency for sending out your scheduled reports. You can also send out multiple reports in one schedule.
|This article is part of a series that covers basic information about reports in QuickBooks Desktop.
Requirements for Scheduled Reports
QuickBooks can send out your scheduled reports, if at the time they're scheduled to send:
- The computer you set up the scheduled report on is running and NOT in sleep or hibernate mode.
- Make sure User Account Control is turned OFF. Warning: Turning off User Account Control may result to security risk on your computer.
- QuickBooks is running.
- A company file with scheduled report should be open.
- If you have scheduled reports on multiple company files, NO Company file should be opened.
- QuickBooks is updated to the latest release.
- The company file is in single-user mode.
- An email account is setup up in QuickBooks.
- If the email preference is set to Outlook make sure it's open and running.
- You have the Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups preference disabled. Here's a guide to check this
- Select the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
- From the left menu, select General, then choose My Preferences tab.
- Uncheck the box for 'Keep QuickBooks running for quick startup'. Note: This preference is NOT available for QuickBooks 2018 and later.
If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop installed (e.g., you have both QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018 and QuickBooks Enterprise 18.0 installed), and the sub-menu for Scheduled Reports is grayed out, make sure to download the latest update.
Set up a new scheduled report
Before scheduling reports, ensure there's an email account set up and integrated with QuickBooks. If you haven't done so, Set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow these steps to create a new scheduled report:
- From the QuickBoooks Reports menu, choose Scheduled Reports > Schedule Setup.
- Select the report you wish to send. You may select multiple reports to be sent in the same schedule. Once you have selected your reports, click Next. Important: You can only set up a schedule for memorized reports. If you don't see the report you wish to send, open that report and memorize it.
- Set up report schedule.
- Give your new schedule a name.
- Set how often you want to send the report.
- Select a Start date and Time. Additionally, you may choose to have QuickBooks notify you 4 hours before it sends the reports.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Compose scheduled reports email.
- Enter the e-mail address you want to send the report to. You can send to multiple e-mail addresses by using a semicolon to separate them.
- Before finalizing the set-up, you must assign a password for the report attachments. For security reasons, Do NOT enter the password in to the subject or body fields of the e-mail.
- Click Schedule to complete the process.
- Check if the preferences is set up correctly.
- Select the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
- From the left menu, select Integrated Apps, then choose Company Preferences tab.
- Put a check on Scheduled Reports, then select Properties.
- On the Access Rights tab make sure both permissions are selected.
- Select OK, then choose OK.
Edit or delete an existing scheduled report
Follow these steps to modify an existing scheduled report:
- From the QuickBooks Reports menu, choose Scheduled Reports > Scheduled Report Center.
- Click the Action drop-down, select either Edit Schedule or Delete.
- If you want to make a Scheduled Report inactive, remove the check mark in the Active box. This will retain the settings of a scheduled report but will prevent it from running until re-activated.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will scheduled reports send even if I am working in the company file?
Yes. QuickBooks can send out your scheduled reports even if you are currently working on the file as long as it is not open in multi-user mode and no other company files are open.
Is there a way to turn off the password requirement for scheduled reports?
No. Currently there is no way to turn off the password requirements for scheduled reports.
Why are passwords required when setting up a scheduled report?
In order to protect your financial data, QuickBooks requires a password to be set on scheduled reports. We highly suggest that you DO NOT include the password for the report in the subject or body of the e-mail.
What format are reports sent out in?
Reports are sent out in .pdf format.
What will happen if my report fails to send?
QuickBooks will alert you if a report has failed to send and include a failure reason. Scheduled reports will fail to send if at the scheduled time:
- The company file is open in multi-user mode.
- There is another company file open.
- The computer is turned off or is in hibernation/sleep mode.
- Your e-mail preference is set to Outlook but Outlook is not open.
- You have the preference enabled to Keep QuickBooks running for quick startups.
QuickBooks will continue to attempt to send failed reports every hour until successful.
Will Scheduled Reports work in hosted environments?
At this time the feature is NOT designed to work in hosted environments that have roaming profiles.
Will Scheduled Reports work in multi-user environments?
No. Scheduled Reports is designed to work in single user mode only. It will not work in Multi-User Setup, not in Citrix or hosted environments, including Right Networks.
Why are my options for Scheduled Report grayed out?
The Scheduled Reports options will be grayed out if you have multiple editions of QuickBooks Desktop installed and you are not on the latest release, make sure to download the latest update.
Are scheduled reports included in Accountant's Copy files?
Yes. scheduled reports are included in Accountant's Copy files. However, they will be disabled by default and will not send.
Advanced Reporting: Information at your fingertips.
QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier users can get advanced reporting features by upgrading to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise. Give us a call at 888-566-4671 and see if it's right for you.