Pick, Pack, and Ship is a new product enhancement feature in QuickBooks Enterprise 19.0 that fulfills orders with high accuracy and low operational costs. This enhancement dismisses latency in warehouse updates with its offline order update capability between warehouse and office (QuickBooks user).
Once orders have been picked, they need to be packed. The Pack tab lets you select one or more sales orders to be packed for shipping.
Start the packing process
- From the Customers menu, go to Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet.
- On the Dashboard, choose the sales orders to be packed, then select Send for Packing in the Action drop-down.
- On the Packer column, select the packer from your list (if desired).
- Select Send to device to pass the packing list to the warehouse's scanner or phone.
- On your worker's mobile device, scan the packing list that needs to be fulfilled and to be included in the package. Select Create Package after following the associated prompts. Press Done to finalize the entry, then tap Finish to send the completed packing list back to QuickBooks.
- On the Sales Order Fulfillment Worksheet, switch to the Pack tab to check the packing list status.
Note: An orange flag indicates the order has been packed on the Pack tab list.
- Select the radio button next to the flagged order, then select Update Sales Order, then OK to change the status to Packed or Partially Packed.
Note: Sales orders do not automatically update to Packed or Partially Packed status.
- Switch to the Dashboard tab to see the status of the order.
This activity is also available from the Dashboard page under "Batch Actions.
Track the status
Once you have created the packing lists, you can track real-time status from the warehouse on the Pack tab. As soon as there is an update from the warehouse via the mobile scanner, you will see an orange arrow notification indicating a picklist update.
Choose the sales order(s) and select Update sales order. This will update the sales order status to the latest one. If there are any exceptions such as an incorrect number of items packed, the system will prompt you with a message.
Actions available from the table on this page include:
- View packing list
- Print packing slip (only shows if packing list status is updated). The packing slip will show the latest quantity packed.
Manually update pack info
If you are not using a mobile scanner, you’ll need to update the pack information manually.
- Double-click on the chosen sales order.
- Change the pack status to Packed.
- Add notes as desired.
- Select Add a package.
- From this screen, you can add a new package or update appear existing package information such as weight and dimensions. The packing list will show up which can be further updated as needed.
- Select Update Sales order.
You’ll receive a confirmation advising that you can now ship this sales order. Return to the Dashboard to start the Ship process.