After you create a company file, you can start using QuickBooks right away. However, we recommend that you continue setting up your business to make sure your financial statements are accurate.
Although you set up your basic company information when you created your company file, you still need to set up additional, company-specific information. You can enter this information as you work, or you can enter this information now.
- Add your customers and vendors
- Set up QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Add your employees
- Set up the items you buy and sell
- Set up your other accounts (bank accounts, etc.)
- Make sure QuickBooks is up to date by entering all transactions that occurred before your start date
- Set up your sales tax information (if you charge sales tax)
Feel free to just dive in and start using QuickBooks. If you’re not sure where to start, take a moment to learn about the basics:
- Choose the right sales form and bill your customers
- Receive payments from your customers
- Pay your bills
- Customize your sales forms
- Set up passwords and additional users
- Back up your QuickBooks data
To help you get started, you can:
- Get help for common tasks
QuickBooks has a full-featured Help system to get you the information you need. To get help from anywhere within QuickBooks, just press F1. You can also enter a search term at the top of the Help window.You can also Download the QuickBooks User Guide and Quick Start Guide.
- Visit the QuickBooks support site to search in-depth support articles or get help from a QuickBooks support representative.
- Visit the Intuit Community to connect with other QuickBooks users and small business owners.
- Find a local QuickBooks expert.