Get answers to common questions about QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping.
What is QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping?
QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping gives you live, one-on-one support from a QuickBooks-certified bookkeeper who understands your business. You'll have confidence knowing your bookkeeper reviews and closes your books each month, so you can focus more time on running your business.
Your bookkeeper will:
- Expertly set up QuickBooks for you if you haven’t gotten that far yet.
- Categorize your transactions, reconcile your accounts, and close your books every month.
- Fix incorrectly-posted transactions so your books are correct.
- Walk you through monthly reports so you know how well your business is doing.
How do I start using QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping?
This service is currently available to a limited set of small business customers. But we plan to make it available to more business in the coming months. We know the wait will be worth it, and you’ll love the extra support and insights this service provides.
If you already have QuickBooks Online, you can select Live Bookkeeping from the left menu to sign up for the service. When you sign up for a new QuickBooks Online subscription, you might see the option for QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping.
Once you subscribe, you can schedule video sessions where you can see and talk to your bookkeeper.
How can I contact my bookkeeper, and how often?
Your bookkeeping team is here for you. You can use the in-product chat or schedule a video call during regular business hours. Most businesses like to meet monthly with their bookkeeper. Monthly meetings are a great time to get a status update on your books and go over key financial statements.
To schedule an appointment:
- Go to Live Bookkeeping and select Schedule my appointment.
- Fill in the required info and select an appointment time. When you’re finished, you’ll see a confirmation that your appointment is booked.
To message your bookkeeping team:
- Go to Live Bookkeeping and select Send a message.
- A chat window appears. Messages will automatically go to your bookkeeping team.
What business or financial info does my bookkeeping team see?
Your bookkeeping team can see anything you can see in QuickBooks.
What’s not included in this service?
QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping is not a substitute for a CPA or an accountant. Your live bookkeeping team will help seamlessly handoff of a yearly report to your tax service, but they don’t do any of your tax work.
The service does not include accounts payable, accounts receivable, major data migrations, major data clean up, manual entry of transactions, payroll set up and support, sales tax set up, tax filing, tax and financial planning, or audits.
Is this related to the ProAdvisor program?
How much does QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping cost?
There are three levels of support within Full Service Bookkeeping based on your business complexity:
- $25,000 or less in monthly expenses: $200/ month
- $25,000 - $150,000 in monthly expenses: $400/month
- More than $150,000 in monthly expenses: $600/month
- We assess the business complexity based on the amount of monthly expenses that you have each month.
- There’s a 3 month average to assess the level of support that you need.
- There’s no change to the service expectations based on your support level.
- When you sign up for QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping, you will have the initial level of support. But you can work with your bookkeeper to adjust it if needed.
What if I need to cancel my subscription?
You're free to cancel your bookkeeping subscription any time. Cancellations are effective at the end of your billing month.
To cancel, you can message your bookkeeper to let them know. Or you can follow these:
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription.
- Select Cancel for QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping. Confirm your cancelation in the window that appears.
Are you looking to become a QuickBooks Live Bookkeeper?
If you’re an accountant or bookkeeper that’s interested in becoming a QuickBooks Live Bookkeeper, here’s how you can get involved.