Learn how to sign up for or cancel a QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping subscription.
QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping is a service that helps you keep your books up to date, accurate, and ready for tax time. This service gives you live, one-on-one support from a QuickBooks-certified bookkeeper who works with you to understand your business. Learn about how to sign up and get started, as well as how to cancel your Live Bookkeeping subscription.
Subscribe to QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping
If you don’t use QuickBooks yet, set up a consultation by visiting the QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping site and selecting Get a free consultation, or by calling the number listed.
If you already have a QuickBooks Online subscription, here’s how to subscribe, or resubscribe, to Live Bookkeeping:
- Sign in to QuickBooks as a Primary or Company admin.
- Go to Live Bookkeeping.
- Select Get your price to be taken to the pricing section.
- Select an option from the dropdown menu that best describes the last business tax year you filed.
- Select Get price, then Get started.
- Make sure your tax documents are up to date, then select the confirmation checkbox, then I'm ready.
- If required, update any missing information in your Company Profile. Then select Save to continue.
- Review or update your billing information.
- Select Subscribe.
- Schedule an appointment with an onboarding expert.
Once you schedule your appointment, you’ll hear from your bookkeeper who will give you more instructions.
Getting started in QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping
During your first appointment with your bookkeeper, they'll get to know you and your business so they can start cleaning up your past books. In this cleanup phase, your bookkeeper cleans up your books from your last tax filing up to the month you subscribe. This process can take about 30 days.
After cleanup, you’re matched with a new bookkeeper who takes over the month-to-month management of your books. Learn how to set up monthly meetings with your new bookkeeper.
Cancel QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping
If you no longer need help from our bookkeeper, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
- Go to Settings ⚙, then select Account and settings.
- Select Billing & subscription.
- In the QuickBooks Live Full-Service Bookkeeping tile, select Cancel.
- Confirm your cancelation in the next window.
If you later decide to resubscribe to Live Bookkeeping, follow the same instructions you used to subscribe.