In QuickBooks Desktop Payroll, you can create a bonus payroll item to pay a bonus paycheck/paycheck to employees.
For information on how to use a bonus item on a paycheck, use Create Bonus Paychecks In QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
To set up a Bonus payroll item:
- From the QuickBooks Desktop menus at the top, select Lists > Payroll Item List.
- At the lower left of the Payroll Item List, select the Payroll Item button > New.
- Select Custom Setup, and then select Next.
- Select Wage, and then Next.
- Select Bonus, and then Next.
- Enter the name of this item, then select Next.
- Choose the expense account you want the item to track to, and select Finish.
Note: QuickBooks Desktop will include this item if you calculate for Workers' Compensation. If you want to exclude Bonus in your Workers' Compensation calculation, you will need to create the Bonus payroll item as an Addition with a tax tracking type of Compensation.