Learn how to import your bank statements in QuickBooks to help you reconcile an account. This is available for QuickBooks Online Plus, Advanced,, Accountant, and QuickBooks Live users.
When you reconcile an account in QuickBooks, you compare what you recorded with your bank statement to make sure everything matches.
Some banks now let you view your bank statements right from QuickBooks. No need to shuffle paper statements or sign in to multiple online bank websites. This is especially useful if you're a bookkeeper reconciling accounts for multiple clients, or you're reconciling several statements for the same account.
Here's how to view your bank statements in QuickBooks. We're working with banks to make this feature more widely available. We'll release it to you as soon as your bank is ready.
Step 1: Connect your bank account
If you haven't already, connect your bank account to online banking. If your bank supports this feature, you'll get bank statements automatically on the reconcile page.
Step 2: View your bank statements
- In QuickBooks, go to the Accounting menu. Or if you're an accountant, open your client's QuickBooks Online company file first.
- Select the Reconcile tab.
- From the Account dropdown, select the account you want to reconcile.
- If you see the View statements option, you can get your bank statements directly from your bank for this account. Select View statements to see your available statements.
- When you're ready to start, select Start reconciliation or Resume reconciliation.
If you don’t see this option, your bank may not support this feature yet. We're working to add more banks soon.
Manually attach a bank statement to a reconciliation
You can also attach bank statements manually. You can add it when you pause or finish a reconciliation.
- Follow the steps to reconcile the account.
- When you finish, select Finish now.
- Select Attach statement to add the statement.
This saves your bank statement with the reconciliation so you have it for your records.
Step 3: Reconcile the account
Now that you have your bank statement, follow the steps to reconcile the account.
Next steps: View bank statements in QuickBooks
Review your reconciled bank statements any time:
- Go to the Accounting menu and select the Reconcile tab.
- Select History by account.
- Look for the statement.
- Select Attachments in the Statements column to open the statement