Need to send info from QuickBooks Self-Employed to TurboTax? Learn how you can do this if you have different login info for each account.
QuickBooks Self-Employed subscription lets you send your data directly to Turbo Tax. Moreover, a bundle subscription will waive the federal filing fees, plus one free state. For this to work, both your QuickBooks Self-Employed and TurboTax Self-Employed accounts must share the same username and password.
If you don't use the same username and password, you can:
- Use your TurboTax account going forward.
- Use your QuickBooks Self-Employed going forward.
- Maintain two separate accounts.
|Note: Simply changing the login credentials of one account to match the other will not resolve the issue.|
Who is this a good choice for? Someone that wants to keep filing their taxes with their existing TurboTax account.
Can you send your info directly to TurboTax Self-Employed? Yes. After the data migration to your new QBSE account is complete, log into that new account and send your info to TurboTax.
How to do this?
- Create a new QuickBooks Self-Employed account using the login credentials you use with TurboTax.
- For a seamless transfer of data, please do not add any data at this time. If there is data in the new account and you wish to maintain it, please let your Customer Care representative know and they can discuss with you what options are available.
- (Recommended) Download all of your reports for each year you've been subscribed to QuickBooks Self-Employed from your old, existing QuickBooks Self-Employed account .
- Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed Customer Care here.
- Ask QuickBooks Self-Employed Customer Care team to migrate your data from your old QuickBooks Self-Employed account to your new QuickBooks Self-Employed account.
Who is this a good choice for? Someone that wants to keep their current QuickBooks Self-Employed account/login information.
Can you send your info directly to TurboTax Self-Employed? Yes. After you create your new TurboTax account, you can log into QBSE and send your info to TurboTax.
How to do this? Simply export your data from QuickBooks Self-Employed and we'll automatically create the TurboTax account for you.
Who is this a good choice for? Someone that wants to maintain separate QuickBooks Self-Employed and TurboTax accounts, and has been paying for the Self-Employed bundle for 6 months or more.
Can you send your info directly to TurboTax Self-Employed? No. You will need to input your QuickBooks Self-Employed information into TurboTax manually.
To make this process easier, download your "Tax Summary" report (available on the Reports tab). This report summarizes your transactions into the appropriate Schedule C tax form categories.
How to do this? If you're subscribed to the QuickBooks+TurboTax bundle:
- Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed Customer Care and inform them you are subscribed to the bundle but will be maintaining separate logins for your QuickBooks Self-Employed and TurboTax accounts.
- They will give you a one-time service code that you’ll enter when TurboTax prompts you to pay. The code will allow you to redeem your free Federal and 1 State filing.
- You have the option to downgrade if you don’t plan to switch accounts in the future. You would lose access to the tax bundle benefits (paying quarterly estimated taxes online through QuickBooks Self-Employed, included federal and one state filing with TurboTax Self-Employed, sending your info to TurboTax Self-Employed), but it is a consideration in this situation.
If you're not subscribed to the QuickBooks+TurboTax bundle, you don't need to contact support. Simply download your Tax Summary and Tax Details reports from QuickBooks Self-Employed and proceed to preparing your return with TurboTax.
|Important: Included federal and one state filing is applicable to paying bundle subscribers. TurboTax may offer QBSE free for one year, but this cannot be combined or redeemed with your current subscription. Your bundled subscription includes TurboTax Self-Employed at a very deep discount that is comparable to the free year of QBSE.|
If you need additional assistance, please contact QuickBooks Self-Employed support (available 24/7) by email, or chat by logging into your account on a web browser and selecting Help at the top right.