If you are looking to move your QuickBooks Desktop data to QuickBooks Online without the assistance of Intuit Data Services, see Import data into QuickBooks Online from QuickBooks Desktop instead.
Intuit Data Services can convert the SA version of Intuit QuickBooks 2015 - 2018 to SA QuickBooks Online.
How the process work?
- Read through this article before submitting your data for conversion.
- Complete our conversion form and upload a backup of your data.
- We migrate your data and inform you to review the results using the post-conversion checklist for getting started with QuickBooks Online.
- You confirm you are happy and can start using your new Company file
How long will it take to transfer my data?
We will aim to complete your conversion within two working days of receiving your data file.
I do not have QuickBooks Online Account, will you create one for me?
No, the recommendation is that you create a QuickBooks Online account for SA region before creating a request to migrate from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. You could follow the steps below for creating a new QuickBooks Online Company:
- Create a new Company file visiting this link.
- Sign up for a product that best fits your business (Plus, Essentials, etc.).
- Follow the welcome interview process to get your account setup.
How will my business data be protected?
As long as you use the online form to upload your data, it will be protected using the industry standard SSL encryption. We also recommend you have a password on your source data file.
What data will be converted?
We will transfer the following data to QuickBooks Online:
- Customer details
- Supplier details
- Chart of accounts
- Account balances
- Customer balances
- Supplier balances
- Items list
- Historical transactions
For limitation of the migration, see Import Limitations - QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online