Learn how to add a supplier in QuickBooks Online.
Suppliers are people or companies that you owe money to or subcontractors that work for you. You can use the suppliers tab to add and track them. Here's how.
- Select Expenses, then Suppliers.
- Select New Supplier.
- Complete the fields in the Supplier Information window.
- Select Save and close.
In the Action column, select the small arrow ▼ icon to create a bill, cheque or purchase order. Then, you can view all transactions of your suppliers and manage them.
Check the suppliers money bar
The coloured bar at the top of the Suppliers page is called the Suppliers money bar, it gives you a visual overview of your supplier interactions. It shows the number and total amount of the following:
- Purchase orders you have open with suppliers
- Bills from suppliers and how many are overdue
- Bills you’ve paid in the last 30 days