Re: Migrator Tool not working
I appreciate you both trying the migrator tool and the backup/restore steps. If you have performed the steps above, @dallasbrews, please let me know so I'll be able to get back to you.
For you, @staceyfett, I'll help ensure you're able to transfer all the QuickBooks data from your old to new computer. You'll need to manually locate and copy the files from the restored backup file on your new computer. Here's how:
- Go to the restored backup file on the new computer.
- Search for folder called Restored_CompanyName_Files.
- Manually copy the file you wish to restore, then paste it to the appropriate location.
Here are some of the correct locations when doing the manual copies for each file:
- QuickBooks Letters and Templates - C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [version]\QuickBooks Letter Templates
- Printer Setting (PrintEng.ini, wpr.ini, and QBPrint.qbp) - C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks [version]
- Financial Statement Designer (FSD clients) - C:\Program Data\Intuit\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files\FSD\Clients
- Cash Flow Projector (.cfp) - [Company Name].qbw
For more information about the appropriate locations, you can read through the "Restore custom templates and forms missing from a restored backup" section through this article: Move Your Company File to Another Computer.
This will get you on the right direction, @staceyfett. I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Stay positive always!