Let's go ahead and record the tip over the invoice.
Before recording it directly to your invoice, let's create first an account to use for your tips.
- Click the Gear icon and select Chart of Accounts.
- Click New at the top right.
- From that field, choose your desired account for tips
- Click Save to save the information.
- Open the invoice and click the Receive payment button.
- Enter the invoice amount.
- Click Save and close.
Lastly, let's create a Bank Deposit.
- Click the Create menu (+) and select the Bank Deposit.
- Enter the bank account in the Account field.
- Mark the invoice payment you've created earlier.
- Go to the Add funds to this deposit section.
- Enter the customer name in the RECEIVED FROM column.
- Enter the tip account in the ACCOUNT field.
- Enter the tip amount and click Save and close.
Please don't hesitate to leave a comment if you have further concerns about entering tips in QuickBooks Online