I hope your day is going well so far. I'd be glad to provide information about adding the correct Payment Type when creating an EFT Payment Method.
I'd first reach out to your accountant just to be sure what would be best.
I'm unable to advise you with which route to take for your business, but here is some additional information about the different types of payment.
- Any bills or coins paid by the recipient to the provider.
- An instrument drawn against the deposited funds.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- These are used when receiving a payment with a credit card.
- It is used when you have a different kind of credit card that's not listed in the payment methods.
- It is an electronic version of a paper check to make online payments including Wire, EFT, ACH as well.
For additional information with the accepted credit card types, here's a detailed article: Add or modify the accepted credit card types in QuickBooks
If you have any more questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Have a good rest of your day!