cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

Get answers to questions about eInvoicing

Find answers for frequently asked questions about QuickBooks eInvoicing.

Check the following sections for answers to questions about QuickBooks eInvoicing.

If you need further assistance with anything in the following sections, you can chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives Monday through Friday, from 6am to 5pm PT.

When to contact the invoice sender

Contact the invoice sender if you need assistance with any of the following:

• Questions about the products or services on the invoice
  • Whether online payment is not available
  • Credit card or ACH availability
  • Changing payment amount or payment terms
  • Refunds
  • Payments made in error or canceled payments
  • Making a payment by phone
  • Your payment history on other invoices from the same sender

How can I contact the invoice sender about an invoice I received?

On some invoices you can select the Send Message option to contact the invoice sender directly. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by email or phone.

What do I do if I get an error when trying to view or pay an invoice?

In most cases if you get an error when trying to view or pay an invoice, the error message explains what to do next.

If the error message doesn't give you next steps, it may indicate that there is a problem with the network or website. In these cases, such problems resolve themselves with time. Trying again in a few minutes usually resolves the issue.

If the error is not related to the network or website, your email service may have a problem handling the payment link.

To resolve payment link issues:

1. Copy the link to the invoice: Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) the View/Pay now button in the invoice email to copy the link.
  2. Paste the link directly into the address bar of your browser.
  3. If the invoice doesn't open, paste the link into the address bar of another browser.

If this still doesn't fix the problem, chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives for help.

Why can't I pay this invoice online?

Invoice senders can decide whether they want to allow users to pay invoices online. If the invoice sender hasn't enabled this feature, you won't be able to pay your invoice online.

Contact the invoice sender to verify that they allow this type of payment.

On some invoices you can select the Send Message option to contact the invoice sender directly. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by email or phone.

If the invoice sender has enabled online payment but you still can't pay online, chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

Why can't I pay this invoice using a credit card?

When an invoice sender enables an invoice to be paid online, they can specify the payment methods they accept.

If an option to pay by credit card isn't available for an invoice you want to pay online, it's probably because the invoice sender hasn't enabled credit card payments for the invoice.

Contact the invoice sender to verify that they allow this type of payment. On some invoices you can select the Send Message option to contact the invoice sender directly. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by email or phone.

If the invoice sender has enabled credit card payments and you still experience issues, chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives .

Why was my credit card declined?

The most common reasons for an attempt to pay an invoice being declined are:

• The information you entered may not match what your bank has on file
  • The amount of the transaction is larger than the current limit set by your card issuer or bank

Before contacting your financial institution, verify the following:

• Double-check any manually entered information on the payment screen
  • Make sure the payment amount is smaller than the limit set by your card issuer or bank

If your payment is still declined, contact your financial institution.

Why can't I pay this invoice using a bank transfer?

When an invoice sender enables an invoice to be paid online, they can specify the payment methods they accept.

If an option to pay by bank transfer isn't available for an invoice you want to pay online, it's probably because the invoice sender has not enabled bank transfer payments for the invoice.

Contact the invoice sender to verify that they allow this type of payment. On some invoices you can select the Send Message option to contact the invoice sender directly. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by email or phone.

If the invoice sender says they enabled bank transfer payments for this invoice and you still experience issues making the payment, chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives to resolve the issue.

Why can't I pay anything other than the full amount for this invoice?

You can make a partial payment using a saved payment method.

However you can't make a payment that requires any adjustment to the amount due.

So, you:

• Can't pay more than the Total Balance Due amount on the invoice
  • Can't make split payments, but can only use one payment method to pay the invoice
  • Can't include discounts offered by the invoice sender.

If you need to make an adjustment, contact the invoice sender.

Do you want to add a tip?

If the invoice you received has a URL containing QBDT, you can't add a tip to the invoice payment.

(For example, https://connect.intuit.com/portal/app/CommerceNetwork-viewinvoicenow&src=qbdt#view).

If the URL doesn't contain QBDT, you can add a tip to the invoice.

Why can't I access payment methods I saved in the past?

QuickBooks eInvoicing is the primary way current QuickBooks users invoice their customers and take payments. In the past most users used the Intuit PaymentNetwork service, which let users save payment information.

If you previously had an Intuit PaymentNetwork account, that may be where your payment methods were saved. You can use the same User ID and Password to save your payment methods in QuickBooks eInvoicing.

Tip While both systems accept the same sign-in credentials, they do not share information. You'll have to re-enter and save your Intuit PaymentNetwork payment methods in QuickBooks eInvoicing to be able to use them.

If you never had an account with Intuit PaymentNetwork, or you aren't sure whether you had an account, and are still having issues, chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives. 

How can I request a refund or cancelation of a payment I made?

You must contact the invoice sender to request a refund or to cancel a payment you made on an invoice.

How can I view other invoices or payment information associated with my account?

You can't currently view other invoices or the payment history for your account, but we have heard your requests for these features and we are actively looking at solutions.

In the meantime, you can always review the invoices and payment confirmation emails sent to your email inbox to get this information.

If you no longer have a particular invoice in your inbox, you can ask the invoice sender to re-send it.

What if I can't access an old email address to get the confirmation code sent to me?

The security of your information is our top priority. That's why we protect your payment information with bank-level security. If you're  unable to access your old email, you can either:

• Create a new user ID and Password, and enter your payment details to use for future payments you make through QuickBooks invoices
  • Select the Pay Now button, enter payment details, and send the payment as a guest to make a payment without signing in.

Why is my browser no longer supported?

Older browser have weaker encryption and security standards that can make it easier for bad guys to steal payment information. That is why we're  updating the browsers we support to protect your financial information and ensure that our products work for you.

Beginning February 18th, the minimal browser versions supported for invoice viewing and payment capability are:

• Chrome 29
  • Firefox 23
  • Internet Explorer 10
  • Safari 6

If you use these or an even more recent version of these browsers, you should see no interruption to your service.

To update to a supported version of the browser you use, select one of the following links:

You should be up and running in less than five minutes.

We know that changes of this kind can sometimes be frustrating, but we are committed to delivering the best security, speed, and performance possible.

If you have any questions, chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives  for more information and assistance.